Tracy Landreth – firstname.lastname@example.org
My space is in the back of the media center – It consists of my work space and a mini lab. The lab will be used for:
- Teacher trainings (I can come to you or you can come to me.)
- Small student groups (Talk with me about pulling a small group of students.)
- And such…
To get in contact with me you can:
- Call my extension
- Email me
- Put in a ticket (PIAT)
- Call the office
Don’t forget to complete the technology survey I sent out
- It will help me to get to know your technology needs and give me an idea of who I need to get to first
I will be visiting classrooms next week to help set up technology
- If you think of anything you need you can always email me or have questions ready
- Please don’t put away technology in your room. If you have something you don’t want there is someone else that could use it.
I will be getting teacher laptops out next week
- Make sure I take your name down if you need one
Apps/programs you need to get through the year (If you need help with any of them I will be here to help.)
- Remind, WordPress, OneDrive, Twitter, your Outlook calendar, Schooldude, QR codes
A few quick fixes
- Printer not printing?
- Try turning it off/unplugging it, then turning it back on. Sometimes it just needs a refresh
- Laptop not seeing wireless?
- Look on the front of the laptop, there should be a little switch towards the left hand side. Make sure it is slid to the right (You should see green)
- Try a gpupdate: Plug an Ethernet cord into laptop, then go to run in the start menu, type gpupdate /force /boot then hit enter.(It must be typed exactly as I have it here, with the spaces) It will ask you to log off. Hit ‘y’ for yes
- Desktop not getting an internet connection?
- Make sure the Ethernet cable is plugged into the wall and the back of the desktop. You should see blinking lights in the back where the cable is plugged in.
- Computer just acting a little crazy? (Not seeing what it’s supposed to, getting funky messages, ect…)
- Trying restarting it
A few important notes
- SAY NO TO TOOLBARS
- This is for students and teachers. Toolbars are unnecessary and can cause problems with certain programs. They can also take up needed space on the monitor.
- Please take care of the computer lab
- Clean up any trash, check before and after every class to make sure everything is in working order.
- If you see anything that needs to be fixed please log it on the ‘Computer Lab Repairs’ sheet.
- Make sure students understand the expectations while in the lab before you go in.
- Know your computer number
- If something happens to your computer you need to know your computer number. It starts with M564…
- Make sure your Internet security is up-to-date
- If you see a little orange box in the lower right hand corner of your screen click it, open it, and click ‘Update’.